"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bonsai!!!!!


Today, Sunday, I did another Volksmarch - this time at the Weyerhauser Campus in Federal Way, Wa. - about a 30 minute drive from my apartment. It did rain or drizzle on us most of the way but the views were incredible. I went with a coworker and we completed the 10k course, ate a Lion's Club breakfast consisting of pancakes and ham and then went around one more time on the 5k course. Volksmarching is a really big thing up here and I am happy that I have found it because it is exactly what I have been looking for. There are events in all 50 states so I should be able to continue to Volksmarch all over the country - AND YOU CAN TOO! Check out the American Volksport Association webpage for events in your area! http://www.ava.org/index.htm There were different parts to the walk: trails through the most beautiful woods, around a pond, through a rhododendron garden (the Washington state flower) and a bonsai exhibit.

1 comment:

Jocelyne said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! This would be a lonely trip if I didn't get to share it - at least through pictures.