"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hiking in Oregon



Ok, so maybe you all are getting tired of hearing about volksmarching. However, this weekend I went to an event in Cascade Locks, Oregon and have thus decided that Oregon is the most beautiful of all 50 states and that I probably should live here someday. I was about 1/2 hour east of Portland in the Columbia River Gorge and the drive alone was worth the trip but the hike was so incredibly outrageously gorgeous that it bordered on ridiculous. All in all it took me over 5 hours to go up and down on a 25k course. I started the hike with a couple from Sacramento, CA who were really nice and gave me all sorts of advice for my drive home next month. Then I continued alone for the rest of the hike although there were lots of hikers on the trail and it was fun to meet all these different people. When I got to the turn around point at Crossover Falls I took a rest by the river and then headed back down. I soon discovered on the way down that my water bottle had leaked all over the contents of my backpack. So the last two hours of my hike was done with a wet and sticky back PLUS sans anything to drink. It did mar the experience a bit but as you can see it was such a beautiful view that it wasn't hard to forget about all that.

3 comments:

Mamaw 28 said...

You sure have a good eye for what makes a good picture. Good Job!!!!

Jocelyne said...

Thank you - but I'm just lucky to be in some awesome places that photograph beautifully. Aren't we lucky that God made such a wonderful world?

stan said...

I have lived here in Oregon all of my life, and have taken it for granted. And now I am fixing to move to Missouri! At least we'll be moving back here next year, Lord willing. You are right, my beloved Oregon is the most beautiful state!

(Although I hear good things about Delaware?)