"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Job

Something new: I have been working at Seton Medical Center for the past 2 months. It has definitely had it's ups and downs. The OR is huge and there are lots of different people, personalities and attitudes to deal with. For the most part I have enjoyed the hospital and I have some fun co-workers and doctors to work with. I am through with my orientation process and am currently working in the cardiovascular service, which as you all know is my preference. However, I have taken a new opportunity that came up out of the blue and I am really excited about it. I have joined a group of cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons as a private scrub tech. I am one of 6 scrubs, 6 PA's and 17 doctors who work at 6 area hospitals around Austin. Here is a link to their website if you want more information about the group: http://www.ctvstexas.com/
This is an unbelievably big step in my career which brings a lot of new experience and responsibility. I will work exclusively with this group doing only their cases. I will be learning how to do heart transplants and pediatric heart surgery. I will get the chance to assist in these surgeries as well as pass instruments and down the road I will learn to take the saphenous vein out of the leg to be used for bypass grafts in CABGS (coronary artery bypass graft surgery). I know that this will be an awesome job but I also know that I have a big learning curve to face and the next few months will be stressful but in the end I am going to do well in this position. I will keep everyone posted (or try to anyway).

5 comments:

Barbara said...

So pysched you got the job! Big career move and opportunity. You deserve it! Happy Holidays!
Barbara

Carol said...

Congratulations on the new job! And it's great to see a new blog entry from you. Glad things are going so well.

Carol

Jocelyne said...

Thanks guys!

.... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you...Congrats on the new job, I have no doubts that you will do great with everything they throw your way...you are a great tech....I miss ya


Sasheen