"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leaving Kumasi




It's about 2 am Ghanain time and I'm beat. We packed up our supplies at the hospital all day today in the heat of an un-airconditioned hospital. Today was so interesting because the group ended up meeting the minister of defense and it was big publicity for the group. It was also fun because we got to take lots of cool pictures with big military men and all the girls thought that was cool.
We had a going away party with the African people we've been working with. I've made a lot of fun friends these last few weeks and it was hard to say good-bye.
Tomorrow we leave for the coast for some fun and relaxation.

This last picture is of me looking very tired with my favorite patient of the mission, Christopher. He was 16 and so soft spoken but interested in what we were doing to him. ..... So much so, that he asked that I document every aspect of his surgery so that I could show him. His only request was that "you make me feel fine afterwards". I saw him and his mother this morning and Christopher was in street clothes ready to go home! He was a beautiful boy and I hope that he has a wonderful life!

3 comments:

Debrah said...

Jocelyn - You are an amazing woman! I'm so happy that you are able to experience this. Glad you getting some international travel under your belt. I have a lot to learn!
_Debrah

Carol said...

Love the pictures! You will always have a special place in your heart for Africa.

So glad you got to go!

Mamaw 28 said...

Great Job Jocelyne! Go and enjoy yourself. Stay safe.