"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Day 1


Ok, well of course I put this picture up here for you to feel sorry for me. I had visions of stopping on the side of the road and taking pictures of buffalo roaming the plains of Wyoming but instead I was stuck in a line of cars (can't see them can you - neither could I) creeping our way west. But let me start at the beginning. I began the trip early this morning around 6:30. I saw a beautiful sunrise with a crescent moon rising right before the sun - I hope some of you got to see that too. Colorado, specifically Denver was great to drive through. I hope I get to spend more time in that city - possibly a future assignment! Leaving Denver tho, it started to become very windy and didn't let up like I thought it might when I turned west in Cheyenne, Wyoming. And then I encountered what you see in the picture and so I white knuckled my way through most of the southern part of the state. When I finally got through the storm I found that Wyoming isn't such a bad state at all and I will try my hardest not to hold a grudge. Thanks for all the calls and comments - keep them coming - hopefully tomorrow will bring a more positive blog!! LOVE

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, that looks awful! I'm glad you made your way thru it OK. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Carol