"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Friday, December 30, 2005

Day 2 - Are we there yet?


Hi friends! Thankfully, I am in my hotel room for the night! I've stopped in Le Grande, Oregon after another day of dealing with those silly storms coming in from the Pacific. They are totally wreaking havoc with my road trip! However, they didn't stop me from taking a detour as suggested by my dad. This morning I went through the mountains of Utah and passed through the ski areas where the 2002 Winter Olympics were held. Man, did I ever want to stop and ski. But, I was scared off by loud booms that I assume were intentionally triggering avalanches. Then I stopped in Salt Lake City to see the famous Mormon Temple and Tabernacle (no, I haven't converted, just curious). In the picture you see the Temple and to the right you see a bit of the Tabernacle which is supposed to be so acoustically superior that you can hear a pin dropped 170 feet away. I would not know because you cannot enter these buildings unless "deemed worthy" and obviously I am not. It was interesting nonetheless and a good chance to stretch my legs.

I've driven through rain or snow or rain/snow most of the day. People are putting snow chains on their tires and I'm getting intimidated - what to do?

Anyway what I've seen of the countryside (Idaho and Oregon) has been beautiful - I should get to Tacoma sometime tomorrow!
I may not have internet right away - so don't worry if you don't see me on for awhile -

No comments: