"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Day of Work

I have made it through my first day of work. The hospital is super nice - very new OR's so that is great. Everyone seems to be friendly and I am sure that I will enjoy my time here. The first day is always rough, however, because everybody is wary of you and tries to test you and feel you out. I don't blame them - I'd be the same way and maybe even worse.

I've gotten a lot of good tips today on where to go and what to do. There is so much to do here but a lot of things I am interested in doing can only be done in the warmer months, such as going to Mt. St. Helens or Mt. Rainier. And depending on their needs I may not be here long enough to see the summer. One thing that is different is that they don't allow their travelers to take call. In one way that is AWESOME because it leaves me free to do whatever on weekends and nights but call is a great way to make extra money - maybe I can talk them into letting me take it when they get more comfortable with me.

The weather is still rainy - I think that's pretty usual in the winter - but people swear that I will see sunshine sometime - we'll see.

2 comments:

Mamaw 28 said...

Hi Jocelyn,
Thank you for the sweet note. I look forward to meeting you as well. I have heard lots of good things about you from Carol. You are really a special young woman and God has gifted you with the lots of wonderful talents. My oldest son is also a Surgical technologist. I believe that is the correct term but his specialty is orthopedics.

Take care and enjoy the adventure of life.
MEJK

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»