"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Monday, January 02, 2006

I have made it! I am all settled into my new apartment - I've found the basic necessities and my hospital. I've found a great park on the Pudget Sound for walking and have some great pictures of that but am unable to upload them today. It may be because I'm having to connect at one of the GILLIONS of Starbucks on my street. I should have cable at the end of this week though.
My apartment is in a nice neighborhood in a suburb of Tacoma called Lakewood. It is near McChord Air Force Base and a lot of my neighbors are military.

I love this environment! I mean, yes, it has been very rainy and stormy - but it's not terribly cold and everything is so green and lush. The peopleare so different than the east coasters. Everyone is mellow and no one has honked at me! Not once! Come to think of it - I haven't heard honking period! I'm hoping that my first day of work goes well tomorrow. The hospital is close to downtown Tacoma - I'm about 15 minutes away.

I will be writing more soon!

Oh - PS - when I said I wasn't worthy I just meant I'm no Mormon!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you're getting all settled in, and hope you like your new job! I know you'll do great.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»