"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I do this for a living?

Today, what a day! I worked with a surgeon I've had little experience with. He is very full of himself and talks all the time. Heart surgery consists of the same steps no matter where I have gone all over the country - but everybody does things differently and it takes time to figure out someone's steps and idiosyncrasies. This guy didn't really give me a break - and hey, I understand what we are doing is important and that time and perfection are of the essence. But he took things to a new level. He didn't yell but for example I passed him a scalpel and he cut his assistant with it AND HE BLAMED ME for passing the knife incorrectly - give me a @#$%J break.
When I have an experience such as this I wonder why I put myself through this every day for a career.
Oh yeah, and it's raining!

No comments: