"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Point Defiance

Yesterday - the sun was out - sorta, in a mix of big grey clouds. In the morning I went to a yoga class in downtown Tacoma, called the Cedarwood Yoga Studio and I really enjoyed it. The class was a small mix of men and women from around my age to an older couple probably in their early 60's. It was a great style of class and we even did poses new to me which is always fun for a new challenge. I will definetley be going there again. They have classes everyday of the week so it should be no problem finding times to go.
After that I went and bought my first iPod! I'm really excited to be able to use it when I walk and on the road. I can also put pictures on it which may come in handy but I'm not sure when. I feel so "current" - a digital camera, an ipod, a laptop - whoa.
In the afternoon I went to a park called Point Defiance where I like to walk. Here is a great link to show the park. http://thepark.thenewstribune.com/
This is where I took the pictures below. As I was driving through the park after my walk I saw something crossing the road - at first I thought it was a cat but the closer I got I saw it was a racoon! I pulled over to the left side of the road as it was on my right (one way road) and got my
camera. I rolled down my passenger window and as the little guy got in my view he started walking towards my car just looking at me with the cutest face. He got closer and closer and I had a GREAT shot - closer and I started to snap the picture but he got closer - right to my window, I took the picture and he walked a few steps closer and I got scared that he would jump in my window!! I don't know if they can do that, but the last thing I need in my car is a wild racoon. I rolled up my window as fast as I could and the picture turns out to be of my car ceiling! Then a car pulled up behind me so I had to pull off the road more - I got out and tried to get another picture but it was dark in the woods and it didn't turn out very well, too bad - I would have loved to have a picture of that tame racoon. (or rabid, whichever).

3 comments:

Bocephus said...

The racoon was prob. looking for a hand-out.
Maybe you could take a picture of the Ipod with your dig. camera and send it to us over your laptop. Then you could put the picture of the Ipod on the Ipod and then you could not tell if the Ipod pic was the pic or the Ipod or if you were looking back at me etc.
dad

Jocelyne said...

I love you dad, you are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»