"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pikes Market


Pikes Market is great! There are vendors selling everything you can imagine - food, french pastries, clothing, jewelry, soaps, honey, lavender (there are many lavender fields here) and of course coffee. In fact, right across the street is the first Starbucks. I couldn't catch it on film but at this fish stand there are guys in waders and when someone orders one of these fish, they all yell "hey, hey, hey" and toss the fish back and forth to each other - it's really funny.

4 comments:

Mamaw 28 said...

You are really good at this!! You give me the feeling of having been there. It's like getting a preview of going on a vacation.

I hope you are getting situated to your new job location. You seem to have a spirit of adventure so this type of job is well suited for you. Thank you for sharing with us all.

Mary(Carol's older sister)

Glenda, saved by grace said...

hey Jocelyn, ditto what meo said...I hope all is well with you. I saw where you commented on my blog, It makes blogging more fun if you know someones reading and commenting. Anyway , good to hear from you. Your pics are awesome!
Love,
Gendy
(Carol's YOUNGER sister)

Carol said...

Guess I'll join in so you'll have heard from all the Jones girls! LOL. Good pictures. Did you buy any fish?

Carol

Jocelyne said...

Thanks all of you for saying hi! I did not buy any fish because I knew I had a while before I'd be back at home. Besides - I wouldn't know what to do with a whole fish like that....eeeek.

However, they did have the best looking crabs, scallops, clams, oysters........